Friday, October 19, 2012

Boo

 
 
In October, many people enjoy the fun of Halloween, and so our theme for you this week is at Card Crafter's Circle is, what else but



HALLOWEEN!


Show us your Halloween goodies! Delight us with orange and black, purple and green, and anything spooky in between! We are excited to welcome back a fab sponsor, the awesome KPM DOODLES! Our randomly drawn challenge winner will receive their choice of TWO SETS of images from the KPM DOODLES collection... what an awesome prize!
 
I, personally, am not a big fan of Halloween. It has nothing to do with the spookiness or the costumes and decorations. In fact, I cannot truly pin-point what it is about Halloween that makes me not care for this little celebration.  I like the colors of fall, and I enjoy pumpkins. I appreciate the artistry some people show with their pumpkin carvings. I get a big kick out of seeing the little ones all dressed up in adorable costumes. Beyond that, though, it is a celebration that I could do without. OK, you can accuse me of being an old sour puss, but even when I was younger, I didn't care for Halloween, so HA!

I much prefer the day after Halloween which, in the Catholic Faith, is known as All Saints Day. It is the day we honor all who have died and gone on to Heaven before us. It just seems more fitting to honor the saints than to celebrate the damned. OK, I understand the superstition behind Halloween. We dress up like gouls in an attempt to keep them away from us and to ward off evil spirits. Again, I guess my religious upbringing is stronger than I sometimes think because I fully believe that I have God on my side and don't need anything except my faith in Him to ward off evil spirits.
 
All that being said, it seems that I have made more than my usual Halloween cards this year (smile), and today I present yet another using the KPM Doodles black cat. Look at his cute little face. Don't those eyes look as if he is startled by those ghosts coming up in the background?
 
My two pieces of DP are from my scrap bag. I've used both on another Halloween card, but I liked them as they are very representative of Halloween colors. I matted them both with a piece of purple card. My base is a 5.5 x 5.5" white card. My background "doily" is cut from purple card using a Spellbinder die. My ghosts are actually stickers, and I've added tiny, tiny gold and "cut glass" dots to the eyes. The sentiment ("Boo") is also a sticker from the same sheet as the ghosts. Lastly, I added four amber colored rhinestone jewels.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. So fun and cute!!! That purple just pops off the page. Love the eyes on the ghosts too! Precious card.
    I guess I'm a sour puss too because I don't like Halloween either. Never have - and don't guess I ever will. Oh well.......
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like how you got the kitty to look so startled....those ghosts are scary...hahaa! The papers do go so well with the theme, too. I have to agree with you about Halloween...but then, I'm British and it has never been a big deal here, although that is starting to change. All Saints was special when I was growing up....can still smell the incense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Jenee, love the images, such a fun Halloween card..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete