Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

 
 
 
First off, I want to wish all of you a Happy New Year. It is my prayer that all of you will find health, happiness and prosperity in the coming days. I believe each and every day holds new promise, but there is something exciting about starting a whole new year -- twelve full months -- wonderment of what those new 365 days will hold for us.
 
I am starting the new year with a wonderful new DT position. I am looking forward to this new challenge and hope that my Muses are equally excited (grin). I have been asked to join the design team for Tuesday Morning Sketches. I have often participated in the TMS challenges, so when the call went out for a new team member, I set about getting my samples together. For a number of days, I held my breathe and eagerly checked my emails for news. I was thrilled (and relieved) when I found that I had, indeed, been selected to join the team.
 
This is my first DT submission. I hope you like it. The sketch we are using is:
 
 
Isn't it a great one? Very versatile, as you will see if you visit the TMS blog, and so easy to use. Our sponsor this week is Floppy Latte Designs who provided lovely images for the DT to use. My image is Rose Fairy which comes in a lovely silhouette format. Isn't she beautiful? Floppy Latte is offering a $10 gift voucher ($12 if you use a Floppy Latte image) to our weekly winner.
 
My card is a white base layered with a DP from DCWV. The image mat and the two pieces along the bottom are from my scrap bags. (This is a wonderful sketch for using some of those scraps we all save.) The three hearts along the side are metal and were part of a gift I received this very Christmas from a girlfriend. They are by Momenta. They have adhesive on the back and are a set of nine hearts (three of each of the patterns shown on my card).
 
I wanted to add a sentiment to the yellow strip (bottom), but I couldn't find a stamp in my vast stash that I felt met what I wanted, so I dug through my stash of rub-on stickers (yes, I still have some of those and still use them) and added the simple word "love" to finish off my card.

Challeges:

Ends Jan 7 Papertake Weekly  anything goes
Ends Jan 7 Wags & Whiskers  Anything Goes
Ends Jan 6  Pink Elephant - CH #127 anything goes
Ends Jan 5 - http://papermakeupstamps.blogspot.com/ - Anything Goes




6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team, Jenee! Your card is lovely...I thought they had beautiful silhouettes to choose from...you have done it up right!

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!! Welcome to the TMS team!! I was excited when I heard you were joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Jenee! And what an impressive start to your new position....such a beautiful creation....love that silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the team, Jenee! So happy to have you join us! I had eyed those pretty silhouettes, but knew I couldn't do them justice! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the team :) Absolutely GORGEOUS debut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry that you were waiting with bated breath! I am so glad you have joined our team.

    Lovely card. I love silhouette image and the hardware you used.

    ReplyDelete