Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sketch Challenge - Twist of Faith

Can you believe we are already eight days into the new year? I pray the year has been good to you thus far. It is time for our second challenge for 2013 at Twist of Faith and this week we are providing a sketch for you to use.
 
Feel free to flip it or whatever else you see fit, as long as your end creation layout resembles this original basic sketch... (the text used is only to identify the sketch!) And of course you're free to use any embellishments you wish! Have fun!
 
Our sponsor this week is Beccy's Place.  We're so happy to have Beccy's beautiful hand drawn images grace our pages, and you will have such a grand time with picking THREE (3) images of your choice should you be our randomly drawn winner.
 
My image from Beccy's Place is an adorable elf sitting atop a spool of thread. Now I am not a sewer, no, no, no, but I think this little fellow is so pretty, and I immediately thought of an old saying that I felt fit our Twist of Faith philosophy to a tee. I actually think I might have slightly mis-worded the phrase as I believe it uses the term "stitched" with prayer rather than "sewn" with prayer, but the concept (and the truth) is the same.
 
I colored my little guy using Copic markers on X-Press brand card. I cut the image, inked the edges with ColorBox ink and then matted it with black. My card is a tan base with a layer of black and then a layer of some VERY OLD (I'm saying at least a decade old) Club Scrap card. I've added a band of tan DP (matted with black) across the bottom and then my sentiment (matted with orange) centered atop the band. Lastly, I've added orange pearl gems.
 
In case you cannot read the sentiment, it reads: "A day sewn with prayer seldom comes unraveled." This doesn't mean that you will never have snags in your day, but it has been my experience that prayer has held ME together during those snags. Prayer keeps me calm and focused when I am faced with the challenges and opportunities God places before me. An anxious mind cannot see solutions or blessings -- we don't think rationally -- situations start unraveling and become worse. We forget to "be still and know I am the Lord." When we "pray without ceasing," we are able to stay focused and despite whatever our day may bring, we are assured that the garment of God's love will hold us forever.
 
This card looks a bit CAS, but the combination of the beautiful image and the background Club Scrap paper (it looks like a splash of water colors) really makes for a stunning card that doesn't need any thing more (sorry the photo doesn't truly capture the full beauty). I do hope you will take a few minutes and go over to our Twist of Faith blog to have a look at more Beccy images and the lovely art work of my fellow DT members.


2 comments:

  1. Jenee, I DO like that background......looks so pretty with the beautiful image in the foreground. I actually made a little wall-hanging with that sentiment when my children were young....it hung on the landing as a reminder to the children to remember to say their prayers....so sweet!
    Another lovely creation from your fair hands, my lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! What a great image!! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete