Friday, March 8, 2013

Vintage Flair and Good-Bye


This week at Card Crafter's Circle we invite you to create cards on the theme of:

VINTAGE FLAIR!
(Show us your vintage colours, images, and embellishments!)

Floppy Lattes Digital Designs ::All Digital All The TimeOur Sponsor this week is Floppy Latte Digital Designs, and they are offering our challenge winner a $6 certificate to shop at the Floppy Latte store .... 






This is my last DT card for Card Crafter's Circle, and I'm feeling a bit melancholy. I have been a member of the design team since CCC's inception back in December 2011. However, life brings changes, and so it is time for me to make some changes, too. I am going to miss my team mates, but fortunately, we've become good friends so I will stay in contact through emails and their blogs.

I have used Floppy Latte's Bonnie Lass silhouette image for my card. Floppy Latte has a series of beautiful silhouette images that are perfect for vintage look cards. I have printed mine and then cut it into an oval shape (reminding me of an old fashion cameo broach). I matted the image with a black oval (both Spellbinder dies). I then cut two corner pieces from a Spellbinder die and placed them under the ovals so that they created the design above and below the ovals.

My DPs are from Hot off the Press's heritage pad, and I've matted them with a matching card from Stampin' Up. The card base, itself, is white. I used the border die from the same Spellbinder set as the two pieces behind the ovals to cut the border piece which I tucked behind the floral DP piece. I've added three full roses and two rose buds in off-white from Wild Orchid Crafts, and I created a double loop bow from white ribbon which I adhered above the roses.

I hope you will agree that my last contribution to the Card Crafter's Circle is a beauty. I was very pleased with the outcome. Now, take a few minutes and go have a look at the lovely heritage cards that the rest of the team has created -- definitely eye candy for you!

Challenges:
http://www.4craftychicks.blogspot.com/ - Use Dies
http://craftyribbonschallenge.blogspot.co.uk - Anything Goes with Ribbon
http://foreverfriendschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ - Lots of Flowers
http://www.ladyanneschallenges.com/stamp-challenge.html - Anything Goes
http://thepapershelter.blogspot.com/ - Dies or Punches

24 comments:

  1. Oh Jenée, what a fantastic project! It's designed beautifully and definitely has a vintage look! I´ll follow you :) - and can´t wait to see your delightful pieces of artwork! Thanks so much for visting my blog and your lovely comment. It made my day :). Regards, Renata xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! Love this beauty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for playing our Die for Dies challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! I love the soft tones of the paper! I wish I'd had a chance to get to know you a little better before you left, however, I will still be lurking around your blog, to see what beautiful stuff you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenee, I will so miss you at the table. I am so glad that we've been able to become friends and I shall be following you till you decide to block me! :)
    I adore this wonderful card you've made! So elegant and that bow is marvellous!
    See you around! Love and Prayers, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Jenee.....you've saved the best 'til last.....just like a wonderful dessert!.....and you just know how I love my desserts, ha! The heritage paper is the perfect backdrop for your beautiful image, which, as you say, looks like an antique cameo brooch. The white die cut flourishes are so in keeping with this totally gorgeous vintage creation.....I love it! Of course, I'm sad that you won't be a teamie of CCC now, but I'm sooooo glad we are still teamies on TOF, because I LOVE working with you and really do value your friendship. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous vintage card, thanks for playing at CR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenee, this is gorgeous!! I love the silhouette and the way you embellished it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenee.Stunning card .Love the frame for pretty image and the background paper .
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    see you in blogland though

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card you have created, fabulous design, love the different layers which gives it depth. It is so feminine with those gorgeous white flowers and pretty bow. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    Cards by Lady Anne

    Lady Anne's Challenge
    Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge
    Lady Anne's: NanaVic's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely vintage card..great papers too..

    Thanks for joining the monthly FOREVER FRIENDS challenge ( lots of flowers ), goodluck!
    Hope to see other of your creations at our blog...

    HUgs FF DT Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Jenee - This is such a beautiful piece of work! I love the background papers, they really suit the silhouette and bring her to life. Great card.

    Thank you so much for joining us at Lady Anne's Challenges, I do hope you join us again in the future.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenee, this is such a pretty card...and your perfect touch, the bow. Everything about it is vintage. I love your choice of paper and dies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning love that big bow and the vintage feel to the whole card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card love the colours and design.The bow and flowers are the perfect details to set of the image.
    Thanks for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER Challenge this week, hope we see you again soon.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like your card. I like vintage designs and flowers... just make ya feel good!! Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A really beautiful card Jenee. Thank you for your lovely comment
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cad, love the dies you used, thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's some seriously beautiful die-cuts on this one :-) Love the whole look - have to say this range really was a dream to work with. I think the sponsor would be chuffed to bits with what you've done :-) Crafty smiles, Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is simply stunning! I love you amazing bow, not to mention all of those fabulous dies. The papers just make it even more elegant. Great inspiration!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love this vintage inspired card its so elegant and such gorgeous die cuts - thank you for playing along at The Paper Shelter this week hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the vintage feel of this pretty card with the lovely silhouette - thank you so very much for joining us this month at the Lady Anne's Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have made a fantastic card ^_^
    Thanks for joining in with us at Forever Friends this month, Good Luck^_^
    DT Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jenee,
    What an inspiring card! I love your silhoutte beauty. I was very glad to see your creation at Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge. Thank you for joining us. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Asmah
    Lady Anne's Challenges DT Member
    Qinaahana Arts And Crafts {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete