Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Mary Engelbreit Christmas

Good morning. It is I, the perpetually late member of the Tuesday Morning Sketches deign team, finally getting my post up. This week our sketch was created by our own Debbie Foster, with our own Patti providing the prize!

Here is the blank sketch:





 This sketch works much better if one has a wider ribbon for the top, but since I didn't have any, I had to go with what I had. It didn't turn out too bad, though, in my opinion. Just a few simple steps, and you have a nice looking card!

1) Pick your base - mine is green card.

2) Pick a DP and cut to size.

3) Adhere wide ribbon to background DP and gather it off center.  Adhere background to card base.

4) Attach an embellishment, image or sentiment with a thinner ribbon. Walla! Pretty card.

My background paper is from a packet of Christmas papers I purchased from Michael's Crafts. The circle is by Mary Engelbreit. It is on a green glittery circle an popped up with a foam dot. The green ribbon is from my stash.

Stop by the Tuesday Morning Blog and have a look at the beautiful cards the other DT members have made. You are really going to like this sketch once you see how versatile it is. Quick, easy and lovely -- good combinations for any occasion!

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love how you used the fun text patterned paper! Great use of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is lovely in my opinion. The paper is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenée you're so great about letting us know what you've used to create your great artwork!! The background on your embellishment goes so well I almost thought it was vellum and I was seeing the paper through it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great sketch to showcase paper! Great job!

    ReplyDelete