Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Pink Dogwoods


I have recently discovered Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies. Heartfelt Creations has been around for some time, so isn't a new company, but is new to me. I've been "collecting" some of the beautiful dies and stamps-dies sets lately and have really enjoyed learning how to use them. I made the card above today.

The card is a white base. I used a Spellbinder die to create the pink frame which I layered on top of the white card. The beautiful Dogwood flowers are first stamped using the wonderful HC stamps (I used Stampin' Up ink), and then are cut using the matching die set. I then sponged the same color pink ink along the tops of the petals and a little in the middle. I used a darker pink in the divots of each petal. I used two different colored Distressed Ink pen colors for the center (a yellow and a mustard). I colored the center with the yellow and then added dots with the mustard. 

(NOTE: The stamp and die sets have a calyx type center if you prefer, but the dots look more like the real Dogwood flower centers to me, so I opted to do the centers that way.)

The leaves are stamped with a dark green (Garden Green) and then colored in using a lighter green (Certainly Celery). I added Stickles Diamond Dust glitter to the divoted areas of the petals for a little extra shimmer and glitz. 

The "Happy Birthday" was created using dies (sorry, they belonged to my girlfriend and I don't know who made them).  After adhering the words, I needed something in the lower left of the card, so I added the butterfly. It actually could have gone down just a little more, but once it was on to the paper, there was no moving it as the glue dries very quickly!

The butterfly was stamped on vellum using white ink and white embossing powder. It was then fussy cut by hand. I used the Distressed Ink pens (two different pinks) to color the under side and then adhered just the center of the butterfly so that I could lightly turn up the wings. I added a bit of gems behind the butterfly to indicate a flight path.

The Dogwood trees are just beginning to get some blooms on them here in north-west Georgia. I have both white and pink in my yard (although it looks as if I may have lost one of my pinks this year to disease). 

I hope you enjoyed my additional creation this week. I certainly enjoyed making it. Thank you for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! I admire the stamps and some amazing cards by Heartfelt Creations. They intimidate me though. You did a gorgeous job on those blossoms.

    ReplyDelete