Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Thinking of You


Hello kind friends and followers. It is time for another Tuesday Morning Sketches sketch. This week's sketch is a fun, easy one to use and can take on so many different looks. 

The prize this week is a $10 gift certificate, and here is the sketch for you to use:





I have used a Magnolia image this week. The card base is white with a layer of purple card and then a layer of purple and white gingham check. I think the card turned out rather cute. I also matted the image with the purple card. I didn't have the sentiment prior to adhering my image to my card. If I had planned that a bit better, I would have moved the image towards the top more, better balancing the spacing between the top and bottom of my card. Oops! 

The flowers are actually some very old stickers that my daughter found in our stash. The color matched the card perfectly. I added two purple gems to the centers of the flowers for a little added bling, and the little butterfly gem is from a roll of border tape.

The sentiment is a clear acrylic stamp (brand unknown) and the ink is CTMH Eggplant. I matted the sentiment with the purple card and slightly lifted it with a think foam tape.

You will want to go to the TMS blog to see the variety of creativity the design team has shown using this sketch. Six different looks from this simple but classic sketch. You MUST give it a try and show us what you do with this sketch.

4 comments:

  1. I really love this, Jenée! The gingham paper, your sweet image, and the butterfly gem are all wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so sweet! I love the color, although I didn't get it as purple - I saw gray and thought how classy this looks! The gingham was a perfect choice for the beautifully colored image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Her dress, the flowers and gingham paper are all perfectly matched. I love the added butterfly gem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it turned out rather cute too!!! Way cute!

    ReplyDelete