Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Dragon Fly Delight


Hello, and welcome to another week. This week's Tuesday Morning sketch is a bit unique but fun to work with. Here is the sketch:


This week's prize is another Nuvo Crystal Drops... Color is Duck Egg Blue.

I have used papers from We Are 3 digital designs called "Delightful Dragonflies." 

This card may look complicated, but it was super easy to make. I printed both pieces of paper from the dragonflies collection. I cut a deep purple for my card and layered the dragonflies on top. I then cut a triangle from my second piece of paper and adhered it on top of the dragonflies paper. I cut a pink shape using a Sizzix thin die. I didn't have a larger die for that shape, so I took the original die and traced around it to create the dark purple shape. I fussy cut it by hand.

The gems are purple pearls by Recollections. The dragonfly on the pink piece is a rubber Stamp. I added small pearls along the body. The sentiment is also stamped and cut with a fishtail shape die.

As I said, this card looks as if it requires a lot of thought, time and effort, but is really easy-peesy! Your friends will feel really special getting a card made with this sketch.

You will also want to visit the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog and see all the wonderful cards the design team have made with this sketch. Each card is wonderful and different.

Have a good week, and spend some time crafting. Creativity is good for the mind and the soul!

3 comments:

  1. This is delicate & so beautiful Jeneé, I adore the sky blue/lavender combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the dragonfly theme and beautiful papers you chose for this. The mail image with pearls looks so delicate and pretty! NJ on this sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - I love the pearls that make up the dragonfly's body. Nice sweet color palette, too.

    ReplyDelete