Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Shine


Our sketch this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches is going to look slightly different than my card. I turned the sketch from landscape to portrait. Here, let me show you:


In keeping with the integrity of the sketch, I have all the elements. I've just varied the, using different shapes and embellishments.

I started with a white 5 x 7" base. The base paper is from We Are 3, "At the Beach" set. It is called Seaweed. I've used a scalloped rectangle cut with a Spellbinder die from brown card. I then cut the lighthouse using a Marianne die from another piece of the At the Beach set called "Boardwalk." 

Instead of twine, I used a snippet of ribbon that I had in my stash. (I did go back after I took the picture and adhered the base paper at the bottom down a little better. I did not notice the ribbon had caused the paper to stick up on both sides where it was tucked under. I apologize for that, but it is now fixed.) Instead of the flower, I have used a real shell. I know that will make it slightly more difficult to mail, so I will either have to make a box envelop or slip this card in with a gift.

The sentiment was computer generated and printed on the Boardwalk paper. It was punched using a scallop oval punch. 




3 comments:

  1. I love the theme of your card and especially the twist you added to the sketch by flipping it! The seashell embellie is perfect too! Well done as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shell was a really cool idea and it will be no prob to slip your card in with a gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great - I love the paper and the die cuts. There's just something so cool about lighthouses.

    ReplyDelete