Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Summer Butterfly


This week's sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches is a quick and easy way to make an elegant looking card. Depending on the papers, the image and the embellishments, this sketch can actually be cute and fun or elegant and lovely. 

Again, I have used papers from the We Are 3 Digital Papers collection called "At the Beach." The top one is gray polka dots on a blue background. The bottom one is the "boardwalk" pattern with lovely greens, blues, browns, pinks and gray. 

I used a white base card and used approximately a 1/3 to 2/3 ratio of the two papers. I covered the "meet up" area with seafoam green ribbon to cover the seam. Instead of the circle, I used a Heartfelt Creations butterfly die, cutting the butterfly and swirls from a solid seafoam green card weight paper. I used this piece as my base in place of the circle. I then stamped the butterfly using seafoam green ink (Color Box), cut it with the die and adhered it along the body to the base butterfly. I folded the wings upward to give some dimension. I finished off my card with crystal gems to the left and slightly under the butterfly. 

Hope that you can join us this week at the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog. We really would like to see what you do with this lovely sketch. This week's prize is this lovely embossing folder called "Tiger Lily."

2 comments:

  1. You are the queen of using digital papers to their full potential my friend! I was marveling over the colors and patterns on your card before I read the papers were digital! Gorgeous card with that butterfly and swirl beneath it! I just absolutely love your take on the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I love the papers and the beautiful die cute butterfly and flourish is perfect.

    ReplyDelete