Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Went a Little Wild


Yesterday I went a little wild in the craft room. I had this little image from Cuddly Buddly (out of the UK) already colored up. I had put Stickles on his cap and on the star and wasn't really happy with the results. He is an adorable little St. Nick, and I felt, after the Stickles had dried, that I should have kept him a little more simple and primative. So, with that being said, I decided to go all the way with the glitzing him up.

I cut the red background using a die by QuicKutz. The square was too small to place the little image in the middle, so I turned the die cut so the scallops could be seen at the top, bottom and sides. I then ran a piece of Christmas ribbon through the two corner loops and secured the ribbon to the back. I added a matching bow and then "went wild." The poinsettia flower is by Wild Orchid Crafts. I added Stickles to the poinsettia (taking a brush and spreading it over the entire area). I then added the red glitter leaves behind the flower. They came from a bunch that I purchased from Michael's Crafts. 

The results are a bit glitzy for the jolly old man, but I had lots of fun experimenting with this little card. 

2 comments: