Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Glitter and Glitz


Time for another Inky Impressions challenge. This week we'd like to see some glitter and glitz to your work. This was right up my little granddaughter's ally as she is the glitter queen and believes the more the better (grin). I, on the other hand, prefer just a light sprinkling or none at all. It isn't that I don't totally dislike glitter; it is more a case of glitter does not like me. It gets everywhere (even when I'm just using Stickles -- which you know I do use). This card is an example of the stray glitter (lol). Thank goodness you can't totally tell from the photo, but believe me when I tell you I was brushing glitter off of the card, my table, my clothes, etc. for several hours!

I do so like this little Inky fairy. She just has the sweetest face, and she looks so cheery in your yellow and green costume. My card base is white, and my DPs have all come from the Quite Contrary Jack & Jill designer 6 x 6" paper pad. The matting is brown card (and I do wish I'd not added the brown corner die, but by the time I decided I didn't really care for it, the glue was dry, and I could not get it up without tearing my card - oh well, those things happen, eh?). The corner is a Joy Crafts corner die (6002/0136, available from Dutch Paper Crafts).  I've added some small clear rhinestone gems around the colored image, stickles on the wings, a yellow flower (Recollections) and a multi-loop bow made from seam binding ribbon.

This week we have decided to have 2 winners, both randomly picked.  One will win a $10 gift certificate to Inky Impressions on line store, the other will win a choice of 3 digi images.  So there are no reasons to not play along!!! It is not required to use an Inky image, however we would love it if you did. As a thank you, you will receive two entries into the prize drawings. To play along just follow the current theme, add the link to you creation on the Inky blog, and link back to us in your post.


Challenges:
Di's Digis - Coloring (3 entries only)
Emerald Faeries - Sparkle (3 entries only)
Cards and More - Sparkle and Bling
Artistic Impressions - Make It Girly (3 entries only)
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Eureka Stamps - Anything Goes (3 entries only)



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the image. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenee, I totally agree, that she does have the sweetest little face! Love the beautiful papers and the lovely corner you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a cute little fairy. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. PennyRae DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely creation, fab colouring! Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks adorable and I love your layers and use of spring colours. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete