Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday Sketch #220

Happy Tuesday! It is time for challenge # 220 at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Can you believe we've shared 220 sketches to inspire you in your card making and scrapbook pages? That's a lot of inspiration! Here is our new sketch for you:



This week our sponsor is The Doodle Pantry, and I have used their wonderful sheet of images (both colored and line) called "Wear Pink" for my card. As you are aware by now, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Last week I shared some of my personal journey with breast cancer (as I did last year), so I'm not going to go there again today. 

Because of a busy schedule (I almost didn't get my card done for this week), I have used one of the pre-colored images for my card to save time. The "Wear Pink" set comes with several images, both pre-colored and line, plus the sentiment that I've used. A very nice package that can be used for non-cancer related cards as well as the pink ribbon cards.

I have used a white card base and brown card for matting. My pink DPs are from an Echo Park 6 x 6" pad called This & That by Lori Whitlock. I've kept this card very simple (again, time constraints), but I think that it turned out really nice with the simple layers and the fish-tail strip on the side.

I hope we will see you this week in our challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Your participation lets us know you like what we are doing.

Challenges:
Catch the Bug - Think Pink
Digi Darla's - Think Pink
A-musing Blog Challenge - Breast Cancer Awareness
The Craft Place - Breast Cancer Awareness
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Jenee!! I love the elegant DPs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this elegant card for such a good cause. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely marvelous, Jenee! So glad you got some time to play after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, the mattes are very showy. This is so beautiful. We hope to see you again next week with more projects.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card, Jenee; that sentiment is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Love the clean lines of it. Great use of Doodle Pantry's image. Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation with us at Digi Darla.

    Emily T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card for the cause! I really like the image and thoughtful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing your journey! God Bless Fighters!
    Thanks so much for playin’ along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Think PINK Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
    Be sure to check out The Bug Blog for our next challenge that begins tomorrow! We hope you’ll play along!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min: Bugaboo Asst DT Coordinator
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Theme Challenge-Think Pink” with Bugaboo Stamps! Just loved your card, and hope to see more of your work in future challenges!

    Bugaboo Stamps DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you figured out how to create a card in a short amount of time! Goes to show that one can create a beautiful card in a "pinch"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, your colouiring in fab! Thanks for joining us for our 'think pink' challenge at Digi Darlas :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic coloring! Wonderful job with the sketch!
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you were able to create this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic colouring, card is brilliant.
    Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place x

    ReplyDelete