Friday, November 3, 2017

Happy Christmas


When I made this card, I really wanted a big star in the upper right and the caption "Do You See What I See;" however, I didn't have a star image that would work, so I hope I created the illusion of twinkling stars with the little gems along the top.

This card was made using the Snow Friends Wow Snowman image from We Are 3 Digital designs. We Are 3 offers Wow Snowman in a pre-colored form as well as black and white so that you may color him yourself. I used the black and white image and my Copic markers to create my own look.

My background paper is from Toasty Warm Neutrals.  I used navy card stock for the card base and to mat the strip piece under the snowman. I also used the navy for the die cut on which I've placed my little fellow. I fussy cut the snowman and popped up up using foam dots. The die is from Spellbinder.

The sentiment used is also from We Are 3 and is the Christmas set. I printed it off and then matted it with the navy. Lastly, to give my stars a bit of twinkle, I added crystal gems from Recollections.

If you haven't tried working with digital papers, you really should check out the beautiful sets created by We Are 3. They really make card making so much easier and quicker (less time trying to find and match papers). 

No comments:

Post a Comment