Tuesday, November 7, 2017

One Horse Sleigh


This week we have a wonderful sketch for you. Here it is:

 
We're thrilled to have our friend and former DT member sponsor our challenge this week.  Bonnie opened a digital shop of her own. We Are 3  The prize is a $15 voucher to the shop (excludes handmade cards).
 
Don't let the black and white sketch scare you off. This sketch is really not complicated (as you can tell from my card as well as the beautiful cards from the other DT members). The most complicated part (for me) was the stitch lines. Our gracious sponsor designed some .png stitch lines that she is selling in her We Are 3 Etsy shop, but sadly, I didn't get the benefit of using them, so I actually pulled out my nice sewing machine (that never gets used) and stitched across the top with a threadless needle (say that three time quickly)! OK, so I'm not going to apologize for the awkwardness of my stitches, but I will suggest you look at the other DT samples and see how they did theirs -- much nicer and neater than mine for sure and for certain (smile).

All of my card (except the white base and the poinsettia flower) is made using We Are 3 digital papers and image. It was really fun putting the different papers together to create the warm feel of this card.  Here is what I've used: Storybook Christmas, Christmas Greetings Sentiments, Toasty Warm Neutrals, Winter Scenes and Warm Sand.

The green background is from the Storybook Christmas collection of papers. The piece matted with the red is from teh Toasty Warm Neutrals collection. The image is from the Winter Scenes set, and it is matted using a piece from the Warm Sand collection. The sentiment is from the Christmas Greetings sentiments, and it is printed onto a piece of red from the Storybook Christmas collection. Whew, got it all in (LOL)! 

The poinsettia flower and leaves were made using Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies, and the center is made using Heartfelt Creations Prells.

I think I may do this card again using some of the other Winter Scenes images but will use the We Are 3 stitching lines which I'll place onto the background paper before I print it off.

Remember to take a few minutes to go by the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog and have a look at all the DT samples. We are also privileged to have three of the We Are 3 team members sharing their cards. You will really be WOWed with all the wonderful talent and inspiration you will see.
 

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty scene you've created with this sketch, and I just love that poinsettia accent with leaves! Your stitching adds such a great homespun touch, and makes this a great hand-made card for some lucky recipient too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I like that you added stitching from a real sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another beautiful vintage creation Jenée! I wanted to sew on mine too but I was too lazy - great job!!

    ReplyDelete