Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Kiss a Ginger

I don't remember which day it was, but one day last week was "Kiss a Ginger" day. Yes, there really is such a thing! Anyhoo, I've always been a bit partial to red heads (my grandfather was one, my sister and I had red tones in our hair, my cousin was a true ginger -- both in name and hair color), so even though my little card has nothing to do with kissing, it does feature a ginger (smile).

Before I go further with my own card, let me share this week's sketch with you:






Debbie picked this one as one of her favorites from last year. She is also providing the prize for the week:




The Fluer de Lis square dies by Spellbinder -- yum and double yum!

Now, for my card. I have used the digital stamp called Alicia by Sugar Nellie (a small Scottish stamp company -  http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/). I have colored her with Copic makers and cut the image into a circle using one of my Spellbinder circle dies.  I then cut a second circle from blue card to mat the image and placed both onto a lovely crocheted circle (made by our dear former DT member, Jessie Fogan)

The plaid paper and the dotty paper are both from a 12 x 12" paper pad from Michael's Crafts. The card base is blue card (believe it or not, it is the same blue as the matting circle behind the image). The lace is a piece from a set by Recollections.

Please join us this year at Tuesday Morning Sketches as we start another wonderful year of sharing with you our card making friends. We love visiting with you and having you visit with us each week. Please make sure you visit each of the design team members and leave a little love at their blog (you can go to their blog by clicking on their name above their sample posted at the Tuesday Morning Blog).

Have a good week!


 

5 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful and your coloring of this image is exceptional! I love those great papers that work perfectly with this cute little "Ginger"! I'm loving that crocheted circle from Jessi too - I still have several of them left in my stash! I can't seem to stop myself from hoarding pretty things, kwim? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m a little partial to red-heads, too. When Levi was really little he went to school with a little girl that we both called “the cute little red-head.” This card reminds me of her. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Sugar Nellie's they are so stinkin cute! Your pretty lace goes perfectly with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiss a ginger day HA HA thanks to you all I can think of is eating ginger bread right now with a big blob of whipped cream!! Your card is so wonderfully colored as usual and perfect colors. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete