Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Steam Punk 2


I am on a Steam Punk kick -- actually, my daughter is. She has been wanting me to use the two images (last week's and this week's) for several months now, so I appeased her. However, let me go ahead and show you this week's sketch and this week's prize before I get into a discussion of my card.

and our prize are these two cute little 2 x 2" stamps and a shimmer pen.

 
 Now to my card. This sketch was a perfect one for the Steam Punk image. It was clean and simple which wonderfully off-set the details of the little girl and her costume. I have used a white card as my base and a green dotty paper for my background. The image is matted with a solid green.

I adhered two green clock faces with foam dots to lift them off the background, and I finished off my card with a silver colored laser cut word, "imagine."

The image is a My Bestie by Sherri Baldy.

I'm sure you will have fun with this week's sketch. Hope you will give it a try.
 

6 comments:

  1. You do steampunk so well! This is a super cute image and I love how you colored her, but those 2 little clocks are the cutest things!! Great card, and I'm sure your daughter loved this as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a really good Steampunk kick lol at first I thought it was Bojo and then thought again nooooo it's Steampunk!! I was right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! Fun image, and I love this color green!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on a roll with Steampunk images! This one is super cute. And I'm with Debbie - love this color green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I like the little clocks you added. I've had my eye on this clock die on Amazon but haven't hit buy yet....! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that I'm commenting for the latest TMS card, the one with your dragonflies and the soooo lush and gorgeous blues and pinks backdrop. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete