Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spring




I have a love/hate relationship with spring. I love the fact that the weather is starting to warm. I love the trees and shrubs are green again. I love the beautiful flowers that are in bloom. Unfortunately, all the things that bring beauty to the season also bring pollen. Allergies DON'T get better as you get older. Just the opposite; they get worse! So, while I love the spring, I also suffer for it. The past several weeks my head has been in a total fog. I've had the usual sneezing, coughing, itchy eyes and stopped up head -- in other words, the seasonal miseries.




Despite not really feeling very creative, I wanted to get this sweet image from Designed2Delight completed before Thursday's deadline. This image, with the tin wash tub and quilt, reminded me of my great grandmother. I had the wonderful experience of knowing my great grandmother (also my great, great grandmother). She lived in a great big farm house, and tin bucket/tubs, hand made quilts, and crockery were among the many things that I remember from her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment