Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Autumn Blessings

This week, we have a SKETCH CHALLENGE... please use this sketch as a map for your card creation. 


Feel free to stretch it or flip it as you see fit, as long as your end creation layout resembles this original sketch... (the colours used on the sketch are only for clarity, and the text used is only to identify the sketch!) Of course you're free to use any embellishments or images you wish. Have fun!



Our sponsor at Twist of Faith  is The Doodle Garden... Jennifer has a wonderful selection of whimsical hand-drawn images for all occasions in her Doodle Garden etsy shop. The prize offered to our randomly drawn prize winner, consists of two newly released images that our Twist of Faith Design Team has showcased for you.  The images are named Autumn Blessings, (the one I've used) and Winter Bird
 
 Last night I made an apple crisp for our desert. Apples grow in north Georgia and many little towns in the area celebrate apple festivals/craft fairs to promote the harvest. It is one of the delightful "bounties" we celebrate in the fall. As I sat in my warm home enjoying my dessert, I was thankful of a loving God who has blessed me with goodness. There is a roof over my head, warm clothing on my body and food for my stomach. It saddens me to watch on the news pictures of families whose homes were destroyed in the recent storm that hit the northeastern part of the United States. Even in the wake of such destruction, we know that God is good. Complete strangers have rallied to help those who have lost much. Goodness and love for fellow man is being demonstrated in various ways as people pass out food, free blankets, services and just simple comfort.

The suggested verse this week posted on tje Twist of Faith blog is:

The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as as sweet as perfume and incense.
Proverbs 27:9
 
 It is a lovely verse, and I've had the blessings of having good friends who have been with me in times I've needed advice and comfort. But, as I watched scenes of complete strangers reaching out to help complete strangers simply because they are in need, I was struck by and touched by the  the good in people.
 

5 comments:

  1. So very pretty! All the DP goes together so perfect and a beautiful image. LOVE your coloring on this too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple crisp sounds so yummy!! A wonderful card! Love the papers/colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!!! I love that image!! Cute little charm/button!
    It is such neat to see how difficulty often brings out the best in people! Our area was devastated by Irene last year and the help of both neighbors and complete strangers was such a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenee, I love the contrast between your background paper and the darker one....it really "lifts" the focal point and enhances the gorgeous colours you used. Pretty button and ribbon, too. I'm thinkin' you've had a secret stash of buttons, all along, despite your claim to not being much of a button user...hahaa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your car Jenee. The colors are so pretty, I love the image you colored so beautifully and I love how you added the pumpkin to the bow. Absolutely beautiful.

    I am looking forward to getting to know you better through Twist of Faith as DT teamies.

    Hugs and smiles

    Laine

    ReplyDelete