Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Use Blue

Our theme for you this week at Twist of Faith is

BLUE ... USE BLUE!

This is a colour challenge, so we want to see lots of blue ... maybe you'll create a monochromatic card or perhaps you'll use blue along with others... whichever you pick, make BLUE  your main colour! Remember our 'twist of faith.' Your creation must also include a scripture, or quote or an uplifiting sentiment that suits this week's theme.

Taste and see that the LORD is good.
Oh the joys of those who takes refuge in him!
Psalm 34:8 NLT


Even though we just had, as our theme last week, "children," I went with that theme again this week. Our sponsor is Stamp Art by Kathryne, and this beautiful guardian angel was one of the two images Kathryne provided the design team. Is the image just BEAUTIFUL? The image is perfect for a new baby card, a christening or a baptism, and keeping with that idea, I used part of a verse from Psalm 127 as my sentiment.
 
The card is rather self explanatory. I used a white card base, layered blue card and then a blue patterned DP (from a Recollections pad). I punched a white lacy border using a Martha Stewart border punch, cut my image using a Spellbinder classic circle and then scalloped circle dies. I added a white double bow, white flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and some blue gems. The card, to me, has a simple elegance -- not too fussy, but not plain either -- more in keeping with a sweet baby.
 
Challenges:
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/ - Anything EXCEPT Christmas Card

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! You have really given this a soft, elegant feel. Great job, and thanks so much for sharing it with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. It's always a blessing when you can join us!
    Gratefully,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!! I love all your blue!! That's a sweet image!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely Jenne. the blues are beautiful. I love how you've coloured and framed the angel. The verse is perfect. Thanks for using Guardian Angel. xx Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenee, you've done it again.....another darling creation. I love this image, even if I don't believe angels actually have wings...hahaa....because this angel cradles that precious babe with such a look of love and peace. You've coloured it beautifully, and those pretty flowers add to the sweet simplicity of this lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful image you've used on your card and it has been coloured beautifully too. Lovely embellishments as well. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Jennie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenee, this blue card is just so lovely. The baby looks so secure in the arms of the Angel. I really like the eyelet lace. Thank you for linking up with us at WAW.
    Psalm 103 Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson,
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card in gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just amazing!!!

    Thank you for joining us at Songbird Challenge!

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenee - Your card is colored so nicely - I am impressed with your creative work -thank you for all you do for TOF - I am happy to call you my DT sister - enjoy your week! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jenee what a lovely card.

    Thank you so much for joining us for “A Deeper Shade of Blue ” at
    The Songbird Challenge and GOOD LUCK .
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jenee - I love the sweet angel image you used and how you used the flowers as a border. Simply beautiful my dear and so happy we are on the same DT.

    Hugs and smiles

    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  12. At first, I couldn't figure out why this wasn't my favorite image to pick for this challenge.. It's because it's really looking and not cute.. Now I like it because of how you colored the image.. You made her pretty, I think!

    ReplyDelete