Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Just Punch It

Many of us have been busy with the recent Thanksgiving holiday, and I'm no exception. I was thrilled to have my son come down from North Carolina and spend the past week with me. He left this morning to head back. My younger daughter and her three children shared Thanksgiving with us also. Sadly, it was not my entire family as my older daughter, her husband and her son, my oldest grandchild, were missing.

This week, at Flutter By Wednesday, we decided to make it easy for everyone. We would like you to made the usual butterfly or fairy card but add some punch to it. You may use a punched border, punched pieces (such as I have used) or a punch to create slowers or other embellishments. Now I know we all have some of those lovely border punches -- or a snowflake, flower or butterfly punch -- those are essential tools, right?

I do apologize that due to my company, my crafting time was limited, so I've kept this card pretty simple. I started with a white base, then a layer of blue topped with a dry embossed layer of white again. I quite like this embossing folder and find myself reaching for it quite often. It is from the Art Nouveau Collection by Courture Creations called Fireflies. I really wish I could remember where I got it beause there are several others in the collection that I would like to add to my collection -- just saying, you know.

Anyway, I matted a piece of DP from the Prairie Farmer's Mark pad by Crate Paper with the blue card. I punched three butterflies (Martha Stewart) from the blue and place them onto the DP. I then added rhinestone swirls behind each buterfly and a blue gem for the "head" of each butterfly. I added a larger, single rhonestone in each of the corners of the DP. Lastly, I found a clear sticker that reads "Life is Wonderful" which I placed on a piece of white card and matted with the blue. Thought this would make a nice birthday card or thinking of you card, with an appropriate verse inside, for use at a later time. This was an easy-peasy fairly quick card, not my usual, but none-the-less, I think it turned out rather pretty.

I do hope you will have a chance to join us this week in our challenge at Flutter By Wednesday. Remember, your card MUST have a butterfly or fairy on it AND this week you must use a punch. Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. Jenee, this is so beautiful! Love the DP you used and those colors are WOW! Pretty butterflies and a gorgeous card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dp for your butterflies to flutter on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation Jenee! I love the way the bright pattern pops on the white. Such pretty sparkly butterfly trails, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jenee...love the papers and embossed background..gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, flowers and butterflies....what a lovely sight on this cold and frosty day! Simply gorgeous....so bright and pretty, Jenee.....beautifully done! I wonder how many exclamation marks I can get in this comment...hahaa!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may think this was simple and easy, but it sure looks elegant!! I love the embossing and punched butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mix of the pattern paper and the butterflies! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Jenee...I just love how you framed the pattern paper! Another wonderful card.
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so funny, when I get back home.. I will check out those folders, sadly though.. I done with your Christmas presents:).. I live the colors on this card a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful! Love that paper and your pretty butterflies.

    ReplyDelete