Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday Sketch #226


It is another Tuesday morning, and we have a really great sketch for you this week. This one is super for those "QUICK" Christmas cards. It is fast and easy, but very stylish, too. So if you don't want total CAS but need a quck card, you are going to LUV this week's sketch. Here it is:


Our sponsor this week is the delightful Bugaboo. If you aren't familiar with Bugaboo Stamps, you definitely need to visit their online store. You will not be able to keep from smiling as you partake of their delightful, whimsical images. Bugaboo is offering seven -- yes, you read correctly -- seven images to our lucky winner.

I am using Bugaboo's Baby Christmas this week. I've colored the image with my Copic markers after printing it onto X-Press It brand card. The card, itself, is white, and the one piece of DP is by Crate Paper (Peppermint Collection). I matted the DP with green card and rounded the bottom edges with my corner rounder. The image was cut into an oval using Spellbinder oval die and then matted onto a scalloped green piece cut with the Spellbinder scalloped oval die. The red ribbon is from my stash and is tied in a knot instead of a bow, and I've added a pewter Christmas stocking charm at the knot.

I'm very much planning on using this sketch for some of my other Christmas cards. I can even save more time by substituting a pre-printed image, a hand-made poinsettia flower or holly leaves and berries -- all would be quite lovely in the oval.

So, before you grab your scissors and glue, head over to the Tuesday Morning blog and take a gander at what the other DT members have created for your inspiration. 



6 comments:

  1. This is just delightful and a great take on the sketch.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling, Jenee...you have the prettiest coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card, the papers you used are fabulous and this image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! Sweet image and I love the stocking charm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that little charm! And those cheeks look super pinchable :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card! Great baby's first Christmas card! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete