Thursday, August 16, 2012

Little Apple

The apple is a sweet and abundant little fruit that has been associated with everything from the downfall of man to earning special favors for students. In Georgia, the apples are havested in early October and honored with several craft fairs and festivals. This week's challenge at {PIN}spirational Challenges was a lovely photo of apples, cider and cinnamon sticks. My initial thought was to go with the sepia tone the overall picture conveyed, but time this week was not such for me to try something new, so instead I used the adorable image of little girl with apple basket from Mo Manning. Before I get in to what I did with my card, here is the inspiration photo --

Pinned Image

As I said, my adorable image is by Mo Manning. I printed her off on Copic X-Press It card and colored her with my Copic markers. I then used my Spellbinder Label Eight die to cut out the image and the mat behind the image. The DP I used is from the Apple Cheddar Soup 6x6 pad by jillibean soup. The green and brown card is from my stash so not sure of the manufacturer. The corners were cut using a paper shaper punch from Stampin Up. The ribbon is by Offray, and the little silver beads are by Recollections.

I am entering my card in this week's challenge at http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com/2012/08/pinspirational-challenge-20.html

Thank you for looking.

10 comments:

  1. Jene'e,
    Saw your card over on {Pin}spirational and was about to go visit your blog when I saw your comment to me on the card I entered over there. I, too, have done my share of teaching over the years and am amazed that even in college, students still seem to think they can get it by osmosis! Love your profile comment about "allowed to share a house with 2 felines..." and so glad you enjoyed the photo of my "owner." Am now following your blog. Such wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous...lovely image and beautifully coloured.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is purely delightful Jenee! I love apples and it looks like she does to! Great apple paper you used! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring, great image, fantastic DP and just a fabulous card! Love the way you did the corners with the beads too. Precious.
    Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenges.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apples are my favourite fruit....really good medicine for upset tummies, too! Jenee, your colouring is beautifully done....such depth in the shadowing....and those corners are delightful...gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOOOOOOOOOOH she is so so cute! love the look of those apples, Great card. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring is fabulous on this adorable image! A delightful card! So happy you joined us this week at {PIN}spirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable!! Apple picking is one of our fall rituals!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is sooo sweet, love the papers you used and the image!

    Thanks for sharing this with us at Pinspirational Challenges!

    - Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card!!!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete