Friday, August 31, 2012

Wind Beneath My Wings

 
That Bette Medler song from the movie "Beaches" became my parent's theme song. My Mother referred to my Dad as her wind. He supported her in all of her endeavors and quietly cheered her in whatever she wanted to do. When I was given the beautiful eagle image to use in this week's Card Crafter's Circle challenge, it reminded me of two things: my parents and their theme song and one of my favorite Bible verses.

Our challenge for you this week, is to create a card

FOR A MAN/Boy

Joining us this week are two sponsors ... the outrageously cute Di's Digi Downloads, who offers one winner a $10 store credit, and the wonderful  Stamp Art Design by Kathryne! The winner's prize purse is their choice of 3 images of their choice! Kathryne has been an enthusiastic and generous sponsor, and we've been excited to have her.  In addition, our sponsor also provides each of our Top 3 with an image of their choice too!




I started with my beautiful eagle image from Stamp Art Design by Kathryne and colored it with various shades of brown and gray Copic markers. It worked up surprisingly quick. I simply made v shaped strokes along the feathers using the different browns, then emphasized the white areas with the C00 and C1 grays. Isn't it beautiful? The details on this image are stunning! After coloring, I cut out the image using one of my circular Spellbinder dies. I inked around the circle using Colorbox brown ink. I typed and printed my Bible verse on my computer, cut it into a square shape and inked around the edges then matted it with black card.

I used a white 5.5x5.5" card base and layered solid brown card on top. I then cut the DP (from Basic Gray 6x6" pad called Little Black Dress), matted it on black and started building my layers from there. The corner piece was cut using my SU punch and is the reverse side of the plaid piece from Basic Gray. To finish it off, I added three silver beads to the lower right corner.

I hope I've inspired you to have a go at our male card challenge over at Card Crafter's Circle. We'd love to see what you come up with for the male in your life.

Challenges:
http://paperprettiesblog.blogspot.com/ - Black, white and 1 other color
http://thepapershelter.blogspot.com/ - Layers
http://stampwithsarahkay.blogspot.com/ - Animals
http://perfectsentimentschallenge.blogspot.com/ - Sentiment
http://crafts4eternity.blogspot.com/ - Less Is More
http://thepoodlesparlour.blogspot.com/ - Winged Things
http://hookedoncraftchallenges.blogspot.com/2012/08/challenge-24.html - Male

12 comments:

  1. I really do enjoy looking at this beautiful card, Jenee.....it really is a wonderful card for any man. You have that gorgeous image coloured up perfectly...love the texture in those feathers...and your layout is un-fussy...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creation Jenee and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jenee! I'm so happy you enjoyed the design. It sounds like lovely inspiration behind the image. Love the Bible verse with it. Gorgeous! xx Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic strong card Jenee! I love the eagle head and passage you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your eagle is beautiful and you have really done it justice with this wonderful script to match and your colouring in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!! Wonderful masculine papers, that eagle head is wonderful, and such an encouraging verse!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, just stunning coloring on your Eagle. And your papers are such a great fit for a man's card. Thank-you for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour!
    {Hugs} Barb, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, beautiful card! You have colored that eagle magnificently and that scripture is perfect!

    ♥ Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card. I love the eagle image and the dp that you chose. Great layout. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favoriet scriptures and your card is so regal! Love it! I am sorry that I am so late in commenting, I have had computer problems. Thank you for joining us at the ABC Challenge. I hope we will see more of your lovely work in our coming challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, love the style and all the detail on your card. Thank you for joining us at Hooked on Crafts this month and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card. So lovely. Like the colors and that design is so beautiful. Also love the CAS style design like Plastic Card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete