Friday, August 17, 2012

Rich and Earthy


Our challenge for you this week at Card Crafter's Circle, is to create with

RICH AND EARTHY COLOURS

We are so happy to have The Digi Garden joining us again with sponsorship for you! The winner's prize purse is their choice of 6 Digi Garden images! Yummy! The shop has had a 'makeover' and looks fabulous... and there are so many new designs. Do click on the Digi Garden icon (isn't it cute with all the moving parts?) and take a gander at the offerings.

My card today used this adorable little Gnome girl sitting on a large dotty mushroom. I currently have a group of mushrooms that have sprung up in my front yard, and none of them are pretty -- they especially aren't dotty. I much prefer my mushrooms on a card than in my yard.

I've printed Raine Gnome (yes, that's her name, so if you go looking for her over at the Digi Garden site, that's what you'll want to search for) onto Copic Cryogen paper and coloured her up using my Copic markers. I then fussy cut her. My card base is brown kraft with a layer of dark green card and then my DP. I am so sorry that I have misplaced my notes and cannot remember which pad the DP came from. You are aware that I try to give you all the details I can about what I've used on my cards. Truly hanging my head here.


I used a Die-Versions die (Spring Scenery/DVW-4x4-115) which I cut from kraft brown card. I then "lined" it by placing the die cut onto a circle of the dark green card. After cutting a strip of orange dotty paper (from the same pad as the background DP) and matting that with the green, I placed the die cut and added the fussy cut Raine along side of it. I added a bunch of flowers (from WOC and Recollections) and added two corner punches (Paper Shapers from SU). Essentially this was a rather "quick" card, but so lush with the earthy/fall colours, don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Jenee, I do think it's lush! In fact, I think it is adorable...such a sweet image...looks like a page from a gorgeous fairytale book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful card!! That is such a cute image and I love the flowers!!!
    I have to ask... though you live in GA, you spell "colour" so are you Canadian or British or Australian? (I notice because I am CDN but live in NY)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute of an image which you've colored beautifully! Love love love the die cut you have!!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done such a wonderful job on this card! I love how you've incorporated that die in your design!

    ReplyDelete