Thursday, August 23, 2012

Not Even a Mouse


Another little Christmas card. At my current rate of productivity, I may be ready for next Christmas, but it isn't looking too good for having enough made up for this Christmas. Of course, I thought the same thing about this time last year, and I managed to pull it off, so there may still be hope. I was reading through the blogs I follow and ran across a sketch that I thought I'd use. As you can see, the sketch is fairly simple, so easy-peasy, right? HA! Nothing I do is ever quick and easy. Took me almost 2 hours to find/decide on what paper to use. Is that rediculous or what? I kept trying to use Christmas paper, but I'm not overly happy with the Christmas pads I currently have. As it turned out, the paper I did finally decide on is about 18 years old. Yep, 18 years! I know it is that old because my daughter and I both stocked up on that make paper right after my oldest grandson (her son) was born. (By the way, that little baby just started college today, 8/23!)

Sorry, I'm rambling a bit today. The DP is by Keeping Memories Alive, Inc. The little image is by Meljens. I know the poem says not a creature was stirring; not even a mouse, but I guess no one ever read that poem to this little fellow. He seems to be having a grand time swinging on the ornaments whilst everyone else snoozes. I coloured my little Ornament Mouse with Copic markers on Cryogen white card. Here is a view of the sketch I used:

So there you have it. One card down and several dozen to go. Yes, I will be making more than one of the same design, so now that this first one has been made, the others will be easier.

Challenges:
http://yournextstamp.blogspot.com/ - sketch

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! I love that little image!!
    Your DP doesn't look a day over 10 yrs! LOL Just kidding! It's a great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! Great take on our YNS Sketch! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super sweet..thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your DP....neat that it's so old, great way to use it up! Super cute card, love the sketch too! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenee, I love your "Vintage" Christmas card...haahaaa! I'm not really a huge fan of meeses, but this one could change my mind...you brought out the best in him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the sketch...so cute! Thanks for joining our challenge at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute image - that mouse is darling and looks great on the circle. Thanks for joining us at YNS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is that!!! Congrats on GS entering college!!!! And with a stockpile of DP this card is easy to complete!!!! You got this!!! ;) thanks for joining us at YNS!!!!

    ReplyDelete