Friday, March 20, 2015

Flowers and Kitties



Sami Stamps has another new release and the images are just wonderful, adorable, cute as can be -- I could go on, but I won't. Many of you know that I have three kitty babies (and a grand kitty-baby currently staying with me), so my house is filled with paws and purrs. Is it any wonder that I like this new set of images? They are all available in the Sami Stamps online store located HERE.

I have used the adorable Flower Hat image for my project, and I have pieced the flower using a scrap of patterned paper, a scrap of rose pink and a scrap of green. I printed a base image onto regular printer paper and then temporarily adhered the different bits of paper to it, running it through the computer each time. I printed my original base image onto X-Press It brand card so that I could use my Copic markers and "color" my kitty (using C000 and C00) to give a light shadow on the "white" kitty. I used two RV colors for her little nose, and I went around the kitty shape using B000 and B00 to make the image pop even more. I put the entire flower together (the three different pieces) before putting it on top of the base image. I found that was easiest for me rather than working with the original and trying to match up all the little pieces without getting any glue on the original.

My base card is a white 6" x 6" square. It has been a while since I worked with a square card, but I just felt it was needed for this project. All of the designer papers are by Echo Park's "Fine and Dandy" pady by Lori Whitlock. Aren't they fun prints and colors? The green mats are solid card. The green gingham ribbon is the absolute last I had on a roll, and I MUST find more as it was a favorite (sigh). The little flower was made by me by using five Prima paper flowers, scrunching them up, and gluing them together. The leaves are punched with a McGill hand punch. The sentiment is from an acrylic set by Tiddly Inks that I received for Christmas. I cut the oval shape with a Spellbinder die and then adhered it to a pink scalloped oval which I cut with a hand punch. I used foam dots to lift the sentiment oval up slightly. The butterfly is cut with a Martha Stewart hand punch.

I do hope you will drop by the blog or the store (hyper-link above) and take a look at the samples the DT have made using these adorable images. I know you will fall in love with them all and add them to your own collection. Also, a REMINDER that the challenge for this month is to make something using a Sami image and use the color GREEN. We so enjoy seeing all of the lovely entries each month, so show us YOURS!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Jenee, this is just too cute!! I love how you paper-pieced the flower :)

    ReplyDelete