Friday, March 6, 2015

Sami Stamps Release and Challenge #23


Good morning and Happy Friday! It's Release Week at  Sami Stamps today, and we also have a NEW Challenge for you to play along with for the month of March.


This week's collection is so much FUN and it's called Lucky Hats, plus there is a new beauty called Covered in Kitties!
 
Now lets look at all of the images being released.

 
The image I am using is called Lucky Leprechaun. Isn't he just the cutest? He looked a bit whimsical to me, so I colored and pieced him in that manner. I used a dotty paper for his shirt and a striped paper for his pants. I colored the rest of the image with Copic markers.
 
My card base is 5 x 7" card. I used the same paper that I'd used for his pants as my background paper and matted it with black. I used another paper for my strip down the front and also matted that with black, punching a scallop edge on one side (Martha Stewart punch). The patterned papers are from my scrap pile. The gold ribbon is from Offray, and the gold shamrock charm is from my stash. My Erin Go Bragh (which translated means "Ireland forever") is computer generated and matted with black.
 
I have Irish ancestors on both sides of my family (mother and father), so St. Paddy's Day is special for us. However, there is a saying that "once a year everyone is a little Irish" so remember to wear a little green March 17, and in the mean time, join the new challenge at Sami Stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment