Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tuesday Morning Friends


While at work last night, I remembered that I had not written up my blog for this week's Tuesday Morning Sketches, and I reminded myself to do it when I arrived home. HA! Have I mentioned that "the old gray matter just ain't what she used to be?" (Does anyone besides me remember that song, "The Old Gray Mare"?) It did not take long at all for the self reminder to head south never to be thought of again until this morning!

This week our sketch is: 


Quite lovely, eh? Our sponsor is  Deedee's Digis. DeeDee Anderson is always a generous sponsor.

I have used one of the free image sets called True Friends. I used the pre-colored image, but it does come in B&W line also so you can do your own coloring.

I started with a white card base (5" x 7") then using some of my multitude of scraps, I cut a piece of DP for the front and matted it with blue card. I then cut another scrap 1.5" wide and matted it with the blue. On top of the 1.5" strip, I adhered white grosgrain ribbon. I mounted the image to two layers of a Spellbinder's die cuts. I mounted that to the card using foam dots, raising them up slightly off the card base. The flower I used on the corner had a pink center, and I wanted red to go with the little bird in the image, so I saturated the middle area with my Copic colorless blender and then used one of the red Copic markers over the colorless blender -- this caused it to smoothly bleed out over the center changing the pink area to the red.

Even though my set comes with lovely sentiments, I wanted to use this card for a birthday rather than a friendship card, so I printed my own sentiment and matted it with the blue card stock.

Please stop by Tuesday Morning Sketches and have a look at the samples the DT have made for you using this sketch. Then, join us for this week's challenge. We have simplified the challenges this year in that we decided not to have the "twists" any more. Each week the challenge is simply to use the sketch provided. How easy is that? 


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Jenee! I can't wait to see green grass again LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ribbon & flower make this perfectly soft & feminine! I just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jenee, this image is so cute and I love the pretty papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Jenee! The image is adorable and I love the pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Jenee! Pretty papers and I love your flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a super cute card with that kitty and the shades of country blue.

    I so get what you mean about reminders heading south! It's OK. It happens to the best of us.

    ReplyDelete