Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Paddy's Day


Happy St. Patrick's Day. Are you wearing green? I definitely am because I don't want to be pinched (HA!), not to mention that I must honor my Irish ancestors on this day (yes, I have Irish on both my Mother's side and my Father's side of the family).

This week our dear team mate, Debbie, is sponsoring the challenge and is offering a nice Labels 8 by Spellbinder die set for the prize.


The sketch this week is deceptively simple. I say deceptively because it can be quite elegant, or whimsical, or classic or -- see, it can be whatever you want it to be depending on the image and papers you use. I just love those type of sketches as they tend to be quite usable. Let me show you the sketch. I know you will instantly see what I mean:



I flipped the sketch so that I have a vertical orientation rather than a horizontal one. The white base card is 5" x 7" with a sweet pink DP that I've matted with blue. The center strip is also a piece of the blue card I used for the matting. I dry embossed it using a "dotted Swiss" folder. (To be honest, I made my center strip wider than the one in the sketch appears to be because the vertical orientation made for more "white" space than the horizontal orientation.) My image is by The Paper Shelter, and I colored it with Copic Markers. I also matted the image with the blue card. The roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts, and the "fern" is from a Martha Stewart punch. If you look closely, you will see tiny seed pearls on every other flower in her hair. I carried used larger pearls in the upper right corner to finish off the front.

I don't know what I will use the card for as yet, so I have not given the card a sentiment; however, there is room to place one (perhaps a circular one) overlapping either upper corner of the rectangle on which the image is printed. 

The DT have really done a wonderful job with this sketch. You will definitely want to run over to the Tuesday Morning blog and feast your eyes on their gorgeous samples. Then head on into your crafty space and show us what you do with this great sketch.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jenee, this image is so sweet and the pretty flowers and leaves are a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Jenee!! Very pretty colors and your coloring is amazing as always!! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Jenee! As always, your coloring is perfect!! Such an adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such perfect colouring & embellishments! I love that little girl too, what a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever you decide to use it for, this little honey is sure to bring a smile to whomever is lucky enough to receive it. Such a sweet little card!

    ReplyDelete