Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Animal Cookies in My Soup


This post really has nothing to do with animal cookies -- not that I could ever imagine eating them in soup (besides, I think the song was animal crackers, not cookies) -- but I was brain dead for a title, and just using the name and number of the challenge seemed a little old and stale to me. So, with that being said, it is another challenge at Inky Impressions, and the theme this week is ANIMALS (see, it all did tie in, ha!). We want to see a furry, finned or feathered friend on your creation -- pets, farm animals or wildlife.  There are lots of cute animals available at the Inky Impressions store HERE both in digi and rubber. There will be a prize of $10 to spend in the Inky Impressions store for one lucky, random winner.

 If any of you have actually read my blog profile (smile), you will know that we have quite a few animals with which we reside, so there is a definite soft spot for the furry friends. If truth be known, I'm slightly more partial to the feline kids, but I try not to let the pups realize it -- after all, one of them weighs more than I, so don't want to get on his bad side!

Anyhoo, enough of my praddling. Time to get on with the business at hand. As always, you do not have to use an Inky Impressions image, but if you are so inclined, we will reward you with an extra name in the hat which increases your chances to win our $10 gift certificate.

I have used our "Kitty with Bow" image (found here). Isn't he/she a beauty? I've colored her in yellowish brown with my Copic markers because she reminds me of a sweet kitty baby I once had. My card base is a 5.5" white square. My DPs are from My Mind's Eye, and I've matted them all with brown card. My decorative oval is by Marianne Designs (CR1204 - available from Dutch Paper Crafts). Once again, I've used the "out of the box" cutting technique for the image, leaving the tail outside of the image oval. The ribbon is the very last of the brown gingham that I had, and is from Bo Bunny crafts. I computer generated the little sentiment and punched it and the mat with circle punches.

I hope you will take a few minutes and go over to see the lovely cards the DT have made this week. Not only does Inky Impressions have adorable stamps/images, but we have two fantastically talented teams of designers. Oh, that reminds me. If you have not visited the Inky Impressions Inspiration Blog, you need to put it in your bookmarks. We have a brand new team of ladies who will be focusing their efforts solely on the inspiration blog. I know many of you will recognize some familiar names on the team -- they are all well known within the card making circles! 

Challenges~

11 comments:

  1. Jenee, there's nothing better than those furry friends - we have a couple and I'm always wanting to take in more!

    CUTE card! Love the design you used on here and the sentiment says it all - Purrfect!!!!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so adorable! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww..so cute, love the image and colouring Jenee.Gorgeous green eyes, love the papers and design...so pretty.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card. Your coloring is terrific! Love the way you die cut the image. Thanks for joining us this week at the Dutch Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your colouring is stunning...and I love the colours

    Thanks for taking part at Creative Corner Challenges


    Love Melxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, the post's title is really intriguing! Anyway your card is adorable, love your choice of papers. I would like to thank you for entering my 'C... is for challenge' blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS on your win @ DUTCH DARE!!! :) ;) :)
    Great job!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this card in a couple of blogs tonight. Your card is so cute. The image is so nice. I've never heard of Inky Impressions. I'll have to check them out.
    http://bunnyscards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I just love this card! The image is adorable and the colors are fantastic. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to their website and bought the image. It's so cute and so is your card.

    ReplyDelete