It's Wednesday again, and you know what that means. It means it is time for another Flutter By Wednesday challenge. This week we are asking you to be a little more creative and make a SHAPED card -- no squares or rectangles -- a shape other than the norm. Let us see your creativity at work -- but do remember -- your card must still use either butterflies or fairies. After all, that IS what we are all about (smile).
I've used a lovely Marianne die (LR0240) as my card base. I folded a piece of white card in half and placed the top of the die slightly over the fold so that it would not cut, giving me a front and back. I then cut a second piece (one layer only) using the full die and adhered it to the front so the fold line was covered. This allows the full die design to show and also strengthens the fold.
I then colored A Day for Daisies image called Wild Rose Nymph using Copic markers. I added a little crystal Stickles to the wings and let that dry, then cut the image into an oval using the "out of the box" technique. I adhered the oval to the top of my card. I then used Wild Orchid and Recollections roses and rosebuds along the side. I also used green leaves cut with an Impression Obsession die (DIE047-J), white fern punched with the Martha Stewart fern punch, and a Magnolia Doohickey heart swirl.
I was really pleased with how the card turned out, and I hope I've inspired you to check out this week's Flutter By Wednesday challenge. You will also not want to miss seeing the great cards the other DT members have made.
- Bearly Mine Challenges - Use a digi image &/or papers.
- Creative Craft Challenges - #17 Not A Square
- Through The Craft Room Door -Always Anything Goes
- Created With Love - Anything Goes
- MarkerPOP Challenge - Use markers from the Blue or Blue/Green color family
- Creative Inspirations - Fairies
- Designed To Color - Photo Inspiration (the white and the flowers)
- Vintage Stamping Challenge - Wings and Things