Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday Sketch #212


Happy Tuesday, ya'll! Did you catch my southern drawl there? Funny thing is that I really don't have very much of a southern accent, and I don't tend to use the traditional southern pronoun (ya'll) in my every day speech. Sorry to disappoint all my readers if you were thinking this little southern gal might sound like Scarlett O'Hara!

It is Tuesday, of course, and we have another really nice sketch for you to try this week. Here it is:



Super, right? Well, we also have a nice sponsor this week, DRS Designs was kind enough to supply the DT with images AND agree to provide one lucky person a nice prize. Can't get any nicer than that!

My card was made using Golfer Duff. This seems to be my week for golfing images (as you will see in my next post), but I don't mind because I do have a few fellers in my family who happen to think chasing a little white ball all over and whacking at it is lots of fun. Humph, they also think watching someone else whack around a poor, helpless little dimpled ball is also quite fun -- yes, the golf channel is often airing on at least one of the televisions. OK, so much for that, on to the particulars of my little card.

I colored Golfer Duff with my Copic markers after stamping him on X-Press It brand card with Memento ink. My card base is white, and my DP (My Mind's Eye) is matted with green card. The fish-tail strip is actually the other side of the background DP. Gotta love it when you can make a card using only one piece of 6 x 6" DP and card stock from the scrap bag! The golf ball on the side is a white circle that I embossed with a "Swiss dot" embossing folder. I made the hole flag by cutting a white triangle and matting it with yellow. The hole number was stamped on. The sentiment was printed from my computer and matted with the same small scrap of yellow that I used for the flag.

I hope you will have time this week to join in our challenge. In the mean time, if you will, hop on over to the TMS blog and have a look at the other wonderful cards made by the TD. 

Challenges:
ABC Challenges - Lots of Layers
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
Cards for Men - Birthday
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Anything Goes
Eureka Stamps Challenge - Dog Days of Summer
A-Musing Studios Challenge - Birthday


8 comments:

  1. Very cute, Jenee!! I know a few guys who would love this, too!
    Great DPs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just rocks! I love the golf ball embossing and the whole idea is so "cohesive"..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun image love your colour choice to. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card.

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, Jenee! And I must say, I'm glad the only sport that's popular at our house is football. Watching golf might kill me ;) Love that fun golf ball!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card! I love that cute little guy! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at ABC Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenee,
    Very cute image and beautifully colored! Love your choice of papers, die cuts and the sketch is great! I've saved it to use another time :) Thanks for joining us this week at Through The Craftroom Door and good luck!
    Kathi
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete