Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Buttons OR Bows


It is Tuesday again, so Tuesday Morning Sketches has another great sketch for you. This week is a judged challenge which means that not only will you need to use the sketch provided, but there is an additional twist. We would like to see what you do using buttons or bows or both. Now, being a fan of ribbons and bows, it had been my intention to use both on my DT card. Well, I don't know where my head was, but I totally forgot my ribbon/bow. It never registered with me until after I'd completely finished my card (sigh)!

Our sponsor this week is Clearly Digital Stamps, and I've used this adorable image of little duck swimming in an upside down umbrella. Too cute, right? With the amount of rain we've had this year here in Georgia, this image is perfect!

My card base is white with a layer of red DP matted with black card. The two DPs and the image are also matted with black. I've become especially fond of using black as my mat color. It really makes the colors POP. It is also a good neutral whenever I'm using several different colors for my papers. After matting everything, I simply adhered the pieces according to our LO sketch and added the three small buttons at the bottom. Clean, easy and quick! 

This sketch is a fantastic one to tuck away in your idea file. (I don't know about you, but I have a notebook containing various sketches and ideas that I go to when my Muses have jumped ship and left me on my own.)  Your card can be simple (as I've done) or dressed up to add more dimension or sophistication. The design works well with various embellishments, if you choose, and it also can be altered by changing the square (image) to a circle. A lovely decorative die behind your image, again, adds an entirely different look.

I hope you will have a chance to go over to the Tuesday Morning Challenge blog and have a look at the cards the other DT have made. As always, there is a wonderful array of various styles and talent exhibited by the DT members. Then get busy and make an entry for this week. Remember to use the sketch AND add either buttons, a bow or both!


7 comments:

  1. Darling card, Jenee'! I LOVE how you have colored the umbrella...leaving so much white...it looks great! I, too, like to add a touch of black....

    Great idea about the sketch book...I may have to try that! Sometimes you do run across a great sketch that you want to use again, and I always need something for a starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenee, This is such a sweet image..i love how you've picked the papers to go with it! The raindrop paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No ribbon or bows needed at all....it's totally precious just as is! Love that design too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgot :) I can't believe I didn't use buttons! I mean, ME? Not use buttons? It was just weird.
    I love this cute little duckie - and how perfect is that paper match? Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely job on the card! I nearly forgot the twist, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo cute!! I'm glad I'm not the only who forgot the bow until it was finished. :/ Definitely don't miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this card! I think it is adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete