Thursday, August 15, 2013

Inky Impressions New Release Blog Hop

Good day my lovely friends. Today Inky Impressions is introducing six new images with a wonderfully fun blog hop, and we are going to give some lucky person ALL the new images for free. Yes, all you have to do is visit each of the DT members blogs and leave a comment. The winner will be selected by random drawing from all the comments left, so the more blogs you visit, the more comments you leave, the more chances you have. All of the new images can be found in the Inky Impressions Store.

Listed below are the links for the Inky Impressions blog and all of our DT members. 


Jenée (me)



Now, let me share the card I've made for you:


Isn't that a beautiful beach scene? Looks so serene and inviting, doesn't it? There is a little kitty fitted out in swimwear, sun glasses and sipping a cool drink that can rest on the lounger. However, I thought the empty lounger was a perfect symbol for a missing you type card. I wanted to put the sentiment, "Wish you were here" on the front of the card, but ran out of room (smile), so I just shifted it to the inside (second photo). 

I colored my image using my Copic markers. The DPs are from My Mind's Eye. The sea shell charm and jute string are from my stash. The added sea shells are Close to My Heart stamps that I've had for, gosh, over 20 years. I stamped them with brown ink and fussy cut them. The three shell images on the front are adhered with dimensional dots while the ones on the inside are adhered flat to the card. I cut my card base using the largest die in the Marianne LR0242 set (purchased from Dutch Paper Crafts - see my side bar), and then cut the patterned layer with the next die in the set (which I also used to cut the inside). 

I hope I've shown you the versatility of this image and how lovely it is. Now hop on over to see what Jessie has to share with you.

15 comments:

  1. It's just gorgeous Jenée!!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card and oh to be lay on it just now

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!
    Thanks for the inspirations!

    Saskia Pullen (the Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the colors you chose.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely image and great choice of papers...it brings to mind a beach towel!
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out so nice! Very pretty and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card! I think the beach kitty is my favorite new image

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card. Love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card. Great take on the beach chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenee, I love this card, i like the total feeling of beach..the stripes remind me of the tents that used to be put up on the beach...and the image is so relaxing. The charm is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card... The image is just right and it makes you wish you were there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, Jenee! I LOVE the matching shells and that little charm is too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. I love this image too. Great colouring and your paper selection is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty!! What a tranquil scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore this card. I love relaxing on beach chairs by the ocean. The breeze, the smell...I looked at this card and it made me want to get my buns to San Diego (I live in Phoenix--the desert). Love the edge all the way around this card,too. Awesome. --Gail

    ReplyDelete