Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pastel Fairy

This week at Flutter By Wednesday, we have a sketch for you to use. This sketch, created by our own DT member, Kathy Curry, is a great one with loads of potential. I think you will like it, so here it is:



Sketches are always great starting points in our card making. Once you decide the basic design, then picking papers, cutting the image and picking embellishments seem to fall into place much more quickly. For my card this week, I've used a A Day for Daisies image of this sweet little flower fairy comforting her caterpillar friend. If you've followed me for a while, you know that I really like ADFD fairies, but that I usually color them in deep, rich colors. This image, however, "spoke" pastels, so I have used soft pink and blue as my palette.

We are asking,as usual, for you to use either fairies or butterflies on your card, but also to use Kathy's sketch. Stop by the Flutter By Wednesday blog and have a look at the inspiration cards shared by the DT members, and if you have time, stop by their blogs and leave them a little love. We enjoy your visits as much as we enjoy visiting you.

Happy fluttering!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty and what a sweet image!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think I have ever wanted to cuddle a caterpiller Jenee, but I may make an eception with this one...such an adorable image and colouring.love the flowers too, so pretty.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenée -- thanks so much for coming by -- I feel much much better today!! Migraine finally gone!!

    I love this sketch & your ADFD card is beautiful !! :)) :))
    I also love rich colors, but you were so right to use pastels with this image!! It's perfect!!!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenee, this is stunning. Love the soft colors and the sweet image you've used.

    ReplyDelete