Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Emboss It




Sadly I want to start this blog with an apology. That's not ever a good things, right? Well, I just have to say that my head has not totally been in the "game" for about a month now. I'm distracted and muddling along. I am getting names mixed up, forgetting things, starting something and never finishing -- yep, totally not all there. Last week I forgot to include the sketches for both TMS and for FBW in my blog write up. This week I totally forgot the "twist" to our challenge (and the theme of it) is EMBOSSING. I had to back track after my card was finished and ready to get photographed. I'll not bore you with what all is causing my distraction, but I resolve to do better (sigh)!

Now, with that off my chest, let's get down to Fluttering (hum, maybe I've been fluttering too much - LOL). This week, as I said, the theme/twist for our challenge is EMBOSS IT (wet or dry). I ended up dry embossing a piece of green card (and sanding the raised areas), then punching my butterflies from the embossed piece. The embossing isn't as evident as it would be on the background or even the fish-tail strip, but it is there (see second photo).

My image this week is a pre-colored image from The Paper Shelter. I do have that image in line form, and it had been my intent to color it with my Copic markers, but it didn't happen, so I was glad for the option that The Paper Shelter gave me. I cut the image into a rectangle shape and matted it with brown card. My card base is white, and my DPs are from the Lost and Found Market Street 6 x 6" pad. They are both matted with the brown card. The butterflies are punched using Martha Stewart punches. I like to give butterflies "dimension" by either bending their wings upward (as I've done here) or layering them. I've also added dimension by using two green jeweled swirls as "trails" for the two larger butterflies.

I do hope that you can join us in this week's challenge. Just using embossing on your card, add a butterfly or a fairy and enter it over at the Flutter By Wednesday challenge blog.

Happy fluttering!

Challenges:
Card Crafter's Circle - Winged Things
Come and Get It - Wings

5 comments:

  1. You're too hard on yourself! Breathe!!

    Such a sweet card, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cute green butterflies so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenee, these are such lovely wings! Love the embossed detail! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Cirlce! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! Love the cute image and your wonderful coloring. Great embossed butterflies, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Jenee, it is a lovely card and love the sweet image, your butterflies are beautiful with their embossed wings.
    So pretty.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete