Wednesday, June 12, 2013

CAS for Flutter By Wednesday


I admit that I have a hard time with clean and simple. It seems that when that requirement is asked, my mind totally ignores it. What can I say? This little card is not over-the-top, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't really qualify for the CAS requirement (although it is a bit more CAS than a lot of my cards since I only used one patterned paper, eh?).

Anyway, the requirement this week for our weekly challenge at Flutter By Wednesday is to make a clean and simple card. Of course, as always, we ask that you use a butterfly and/or fairy on your card.

OK, once again having shamed myself by not totally following the "rules," here is what I did. My image is a sweet little Lili of the Valley image. I received a whole "packet" of LOTV images last year in an UK magazine that I purchased. I really like LOTV images, so was really tickled to get the freebies, but for some reason, they got put away and not used. Since I'd promised a (short) break from ADFD fairies, I went looking for other fairy images that I could use, and lo and behold, I found those LOTV images in my uncolored images file. Whoohoo! I did have fun coloring up this little charmer.

My card base is white with a layer of melon card topped with DP from "My Favorite Things" pad by My Mind's Eye. I, once again, used the beautiful Noor Joy Crafts die (6002/0147 from Dutch Paper Crafts) as my background (you may remember it from the Mother's Day card I shared). It is, again, cut from blue card (different blue than before as blue seemed to show up best against the flowered background paper). I cut the LOTV image into a circle the size of the inside of the Noor die. Lastly, I simply added 5 roses from WOC. (Notice I didn't add my usual leaves or swirls or ribbon or jewels -- so that counts as simple for me, right?)

Do plan on visiting the Flutter By Wednesday blog and have a look at what my DT mates have to share.  They do take CAS to such a creative and lovely level that you won't believe. You'll definitely be running to your crafty space to make your own lovely CAS card. Make sure, when you're finished, that you share it with us!

Happy crafting, ya'll (did you catch my southern accent?)

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Jenee! Sweet image and such lovely colors!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Great image and I love the die cut background. Yep - pretty CAS for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! Adorable image!! and I agree, it's CAS your style so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that image - what a pretty card and I love your CAS style!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet image! And gee, I think you followed the CAS idea....don't stress about it - making cards is supposed to be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS card Jenee,are these not the cutest images..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable. Love your coloring and the layout really lets the image shine. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooooo cute! I love image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite die and favorite person coloring the image what could be better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenee, this is so cute! Adorable die that you've used!

    ReplyDelete