Tuesday, June 11, 2013

TMS Challenge 202

This week at Tuesday Morning Sketches, we have another FAB sketch for you. In addition, this is a judged challenge, so you know what that means -- prizes! This week Raisin Boat has generously offered some of their fun images as a prize to our challenge winner -- whoohoo! We just ask that in addition to using the sketch, you make your card for a male, masculine, boy, man -- you know, that "other" sex.

This is our weekly sketch for you to use:


Pretty neat, eh? Again, a wonderful sketch that holds all kinds of possibilities, and we'd like to see how you interpret it.

Raisin Boat did not send images for the DT to use, so I've chosen a Some Odd Girl image. This month my youngest grandson celebrates his 15th birthday, so I had that in mind when making my card. I've colored the image with Copic markers after printing it off onto X-Press It brand card. 

I've layered green card to my white card base and topped that with DP from My Mind's Eye pad called "Playdate." The two colorful strips are also from that pad, as is the inside of my square and my sentiment circle. I used a QuicKutz nesting square die (L-CC-003, available from Dutch Paper Crafts) to cut my square shape behind my image. I fussy-cut my little guy and adhered him with foam dimensional adhesive so that he stands away from the background slightly. I cut my circle sentiment and then added a circle to the middle with the stripy yellow DP. I topped that off with a green button tied with green and white Baker's twine.

Please take a few minutes to visit the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog and see the wonderful cards made by our other DT members. As always, the designs are varied and outstanding -- no lack of talent in this group -- so I'm sure that, whatever your style, you'll find inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy crafting!

Challenges:
Ladybug Crafts - Men in Your Life
The Crafter's Cafe - Male
The Cupboard Trilogy - Birthday
Cards for Men - Boys Will be Boys
Kaboodle Doodles - For Your Favorite Guy
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes (Optional Celebrations)
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Perfect Sentiments - For the Boys

13 comments:

  1. Super fun card, Jenee! Such a cute image and you've colored it so beautifully! Wonderful sketch to play with!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful!!! Love the image and the DP is just perfect! So pretty and cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Jenee'! As always, your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely Card. Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog.

    Stella xx

    TCT DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!! These are fun DPs and that image is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pose on that little guy! Super cute, Jenee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card love the image en your coloring
    thank for yoining the challenge at crafters cafe challenge blog
    diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely creation Thank for joining in the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge and good luck - Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card!!! Love the colors and the papers you used...and of course - your expert coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute. Thanks for joining us at Pasper Playtime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't that just the cutest card ever...yep, it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just wonderful! I adore how you colour and have given this one such vibrancy! Love the cool papers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute little image. Thanks for joining us at the perfect sentiment

    ReplyDelete