Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Flutter By Wednesday 246

Happy hump day, ya'll! Since I'm retired hump day doesn't have the same meaning for me as it used to (smile), but for those of you still in the work force, this is mid-week and you are on the down side towards the weekend! Our flutter by challenge this week is themed "SUMMER TIME." We want to see your beautiful creations featuring a summer theme -- of course, as always, REMEMBER you must use butterflies and/or fairies along with the theme. Of course that is easy-peasy since summer is the time for butterflies, right?

Before I get into describing my card, I have an announcement. Flutter By Wednesday will be closed for the entire month of July! But never fear, we'll be back on August 7, 2013 ready to flutter!!

Our wonderful leader, Danni, her husband Sam, and their children are making a major move across several states to start a new life outside of the military. The packers are due at their house tomorrow to start the process. It is going to be a busy and exciting new adventure for them; thus, the necessity for our taking a short summer break. I'll still be here sharing other projects on my blog (as will many of our other DT members), so don't wander too far (smile). As mentioned, we'll all be "fluttering" again on 7 August!

Now, what I did for my card. I started with a 5.5 x 5.5" white base and put a layer of DP matted with blue card on top. The DP is from My Mind's Eye pad called "Happy Day." The fish-tail banner was hand cut using another piece from the same pad and matted with the same blue card. 

My image (Linda Spring by Stamp Fairy) was colored with Copic markers and cut into a circle using a Spellbinder circle die. It was then adhered to a Spellbinder scalloped circle cut from the blue card.

Before adhering the image, I used yellow Stickles on the butterflies to give them a little more bling and emphasis. I paper pieced little Linda's dress but colored her hair bows. The sentiment is computer generated and matted with the blue.

I hope I've inspired you a little to join our challenge, but if I didn't, then you definitely should visit the Flutter By Wednesday blog and see the creativity of all the DT members. There are definitely some lovely and imaginative summer time flutterings going on!


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jenee..I love your colouring on Linda, she is so adorable..love the papers too.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Jenee. Love the cheerful colors and her sweet paper pieced outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my....such fun, bright, and summery colors!!! What a sweet card Jenee, and with an awesome image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute card and I love what you did to those darling butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenee, you are always an inspiration! I just love the wonderful personality your cards have! Love this cuties dress and the glitter on those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's this about you not being able to color animals/bears..this one is perfection!

    ReplyDelete