Monday, June 17, 2013

Life Style Crafts Nesting Doily Release - Part Two

Back again with the second half of my release.


Everyday Holds the Possibility:  I used DC0433, DC0435, and DC0253 (0253 is from a previous release).



Using the largest die from set DC0433, I cut my card base. I then cut a single layer (pink) of the large die and adhered it over the card base so the fold did not show. I then cut the white from a previous release die DC0253 and adhered it on top of the pink. I then cut the nesting lace (DC0435) out of the pink and adhered it. The sentiment is cut using a Spellbinder circle as it fit nicely inside the nesting lace piece. Inside, I cut the pink using the DC0253 and then the white using DC0435. The flowers are a combination of Wild Orchid Crafts and Recollections brand flowers.

Be Still: Used DC0429 and DC0434



I used the middle size of both dies. DC0429 is behind DC0434. I used Joy Craft corner die 6002/0135 on the inside. (The Joy Craft dies can also be purchased from Darlene at Dutch Paper Crafts and are from a previous release which I also did.) The flowers are hand made using the La La Land rolled roses die and a Carl Crafts flower die. This card was one of my favorites in this release. The DP I used has a soft blue in it as well as the burgundy and looks very Victorian. Both dies are cut from coordinating DP, and I inked the edges of the inner circle (which was cut using Spellbinder circle die) with blue. My burgundy ribbon (Offray) is tied in a double loop bow.

Best Wishes: I used DC0432



This is the last card in this release, and it is a looped square. Starting with a square black card, I cut the largest die for the first layer in a brown DP. I then cut the second layer using the middle die from another piece of DP from the same paper pad. I turned the smaller square so that it forms a diamond shape and adhered it so that loops matched the larger square's loops. The cameo shape is cut into an oval and matted with black. My ribbon is, again, double bowed.  Inside I used the middle Nesting Lace DC0435 and the Joy Craft corner dies.

I hope my cards have shown you just how lovely and versatile these Life Style Crafts dies are. There is a simple elegance to them that adds a lovely background to your design/image without distracting from it. The largest die in each set is a good size for creating a card base, if you desire, but not too big to use ON a card (as seen above).

Below you will find the link to the video Darlene prepared of this release. I hope you will enjoy.



5 comments:

  1. Such lovely cards, Jenee! Those dies are wonderful...and so versatile! I'm off to take a peek at them!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jenée, I´m thrilled and happy to see all of the fantastic cards you´ve made during the last days and weeks! Blessings Renata

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenee, all of these are beyond sensational!!! Love all the different shapes. So gorgous.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenee, these are wonderful! I love how you incorporate your dies in your cards. You really have a wonderful eye for them! It is always such a pleasure to see your creations! Have a beautiful day! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted the floral die, Jenee..because of your card, but i didn't get it yet..

    ReplyDelete