Monday, June 17, 2013

Life Style Crafts Doily Dies

Hello everyone. This is going to be a long posting. I have a Dutch Paper Craft's release to share with all of you. It is a beautiful release by Life Style Crafts, and Darlene has posted the video (see below) on her site. All of the dies can be purchased (at a very good price) from Darlene at Dutch Paper Crafts (click link on my side-bar to go there).

Card Toppers and Sample Card:  Smallest circle from sets DC0429 and DC0434







    
 The smallest circle of these two sets make really cute card toppers. I spent one evening just gathering bits and pieces of things in my craft room and creating the little toppers which can then be saved and used when you need a quick card. I’m only showing two possibilities plus the one that I used to actually make a card, but they are quick to do and can be made for any occasion (even holidays) because those dies are just the "perfect size." These would be great for using left over pieces from other card making projects before you put supplies away. I used flowers that I hand-made for the two that are not on the card (the red, rolled-roses were made using a La La Land die, and I'm sorry I don't remember what I used for the pink one). I cut a  butterfly for the one that is on the card. A 3” punch or die fits perfectly inside the Life Style dies, perfect for adding DP or even a small image. I've included a photo with a standard wooden clothes-pin standing next to the circles to give you a reference as to their size.

Fairy Ring: Used sets DC0429 and DC0435



I’ve used the medium size doily from DC0429 behind my fairy picture (graphic from online; flowers from WOC). On the inside, I used the middle size die from DC0435 (Nesting Lace Ring) behind my sentiment.

Oh Boy: Used sets DC0429 and DC0435


I used the middle size DC0429 as the background for my little hAngler image (I traced around the die and made the backing for it). On the inside, I used the center of the nesting lace ring (DC0435) for my sentiment. DC0435 is the only one of the dies in this set that cuts out the center portion. The center does NOT cut out of any of the other ones.

There are still three more cards to share with you from this release. However, I've decided it will make this blog entry WAY too long, so I've decided to break it up and create a second blog entry for the other dies. This will make it a lot easier on all of you and will showcase the dies better. I am, however, going to link the video here (and probably also on the 2nd blog entry). The video shows the inside of the cards (which I keep mentioning, but forgot to photograph).

Video can be seen below:




1 comment:

  1. Wow! What beautiful dies...and you've done gorgeous things with them! When I read the top post was a Part 2 I had to find the Part 1!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete