Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Just My Style


Good morning, my friends. I am running a bit behind with my Tuesday Morning Sketches post today. We have been busy for about a week putting down new flooring in the master bedroom. DH started pulling out carpet last Wednesday, and with the exception of taking the weekend (Sat. and Sun.) off, we've been going at it daily. We put the last plank down late last night, and he is installing the molding around the room to finish it off as I type. Consequently, I thought I had pre-scheduled my blog (as I do each week), but come to find out I'd completely missed doing that. Silly old me!

So now let me show you the wonderful sketch before I go any further.

Isn't that another great one? You should see what the DT have done with it -- lots of FAB eye-candy to feast your eyes upon. Yummy! Even more is Paper Pretties  is our sponsor this week - so many cute images to choose from there.

I've used a delightful Lili of the Valley image for my card. The white base has a layer of purple card topped with my stripy DP. The stripe paper and the purple card came out of my scrap bags. I then added a fun green with yellow dotty paper for my four squares (K&Company). I punched my squares and then matted them on the purple.

I changed my shape from a circle to an oval so that it fit on the card better. I cut out the image using a Spellbinder oval die, and then I placed it on top of a decorative oval cut from Marianne Cratables die CR1204 (from Dutch Paper Crafts) which I also cut from the solid purple. I cut my fish tail banner from the dotty paper and then matted it with the purple (yes, that bit of purple scrap went a long way). My sentiment is computer generated and adhered atop the banner pieces.

I do hope you've been inspired to go to the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog and have a look, then to make your own wonderful creation using our sketch. We always enjoy seeing what all of you do with our sketches.

Happy crafting -- it now back to helping the Hubs finish up for me!

Challenges:
There She Goes - Anything Goes
Eureka Stamps - Anything Goes
Paper Makeup Stamps - Punches or Die cuts
Nana Vic's Challenge - Anything Goes
Avenue 613 - Anything Goes (optional male)
Crafting When We Can - Mad about Markers

6 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful sketch and your card is beautiful, Jenee! Purple and green is one of my favorite color combinations!
    I'm really sorry to hear you're stepping down from Twist of Faith. You were usually the only DT member to comment on my entries. You will be missed!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous sketch Jenee, and love the colour combo and the sweet image, she is just lovely..one of my favourites.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! New flooring is a HUGE job - but it will be wonderful when it's finished :)
    I love this precious image - she is just adorable! The decorative oval is stunning, so very detailed. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful sketch and I love your project! Hope I get a chance to create using this sketch! Thanks for playing on our street at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fresh looking card Jenee. The green and purple look wonderful together and the lacy mat really sets off the image.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, this one is so very sweet, Jenee! I love it!

    ReplyDelete