Friday, June 21, 2013

Hariette with Ice Cream


Crafty Sentiments Designs provided this adorable cute image on their blog for free with the only stipulation being that they would like everyone to use it to join in this week's challenge (Summer Fun). Since I was caught up on most of my DT work and had a little "free" time, I thought I'd give it a go. I knew I wanted to use sunny yellow, and of course, I just HAD to use the ice cream DP!

I printed the image to X-Press It brand card and colored in everything except the pinafore using Copic markers. I paper pieced the pinafore. My card base is white with a layer of green, then the pretty yellow gingham paper. I cut the ice cream paper into a 2" strip and matted it with the green. I then cut a flourish using Cheery Lynn die B117S (Mini Fanciful Flourish). I matted my image with green and then built my card with the layers. I topped it off with the pink daisy type flower and the circular birthday sentiment.

I think little Hariette looks quite summery in her green, white and yellow frock, don't you? Of course, I can eat ice cream all year round, but you have to admit, there is nothing like that cool cone on a hot day (and trying to get it all eaten before it melts and drips down your arm -- LOL).

Challenges:
Milk Coffee Challenge - Summer Fun

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Jenee! She is so sweet, and the bright colors are so happy!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Jenee, I love the paper pieced dress and ice cream/popsicle paper and of course your coloring is fabulous as always. Thanks so much for using the Freebie to play along at Crafty Sentiments this week. Also thanks for playing at MilkCoffee. Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your bright and colourful card using our Harriet Jenee !! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs and hope you will again soon !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card! I love how you paper pieced Harriet's dress!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments for our Fun in the Sun Challenge! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card! I definitely enjoy ice cream all year long, but it does bring extra enjoyment when the weather is hot and sticky :)
    Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute and colorful this card is!!! Wonderful layout and design and I'm getting hungry looking at that ice cream cone. Thank you for playing along with the DCC at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, cute, Jenee, i can see an awesome flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! Love the image and great colours!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments!

    Mel xx

    ReplyDelete