Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Happy Summer


It is time for another Twist of Faith challenge. Did you all visit the TOF blog during the week and see the lovely cards the DT team made? We didn't have many participants in our CAS challenge, but the ones we did have were all quite lovely!

This week our challenge is:

TEMPLATES AND DIE CUTS!

In this challenge, we want to see what you do using templates (cutting templates, doodling templates etc) and/or die-cuts!  Remember our 'twist of faith' and make sure your creation includes a scripture, quote or an uplifiting sentiment.

We are always happy to have our current sponsor with us -- StampArt Design by Kathryne! Our random prize winner will receive their choice of 4 images from the SADK collection available at Whimsy Stamps. Kathryne's designs are always such fun to use, and did you know that she also offers FREE sentiments and verses weekly on her blog? You really SHOULD check it out.

I am using one of Kathryne's newest images called LuLu. Isn't she a pretty young lady? I'm also using one of those free verses that I mentioned. I printed LuLu onto Neenah smooth white card and colored her with my Copic markers (do I need to keep tell you all that - LOL??). I then cut the image using Spellbinder's Labels Ten die. In order to get my mat for the image, I traced around the die and hand cut the mat. The next size die would have been "too big," whereas the traced image was the right size.

My card is a 5.5" white square. I've layered it first with brown card and then with two different DPs (both from the "Away We Go" 6" x 6" pad by My Mind's Eye). I added the aqua ribbon (Offray) to the middle where the two papers meet. The two corners are cut from a beautiful Joy Craft die (Noor Design 6002/0135 which can be purchased, at a really good price, from Dutch Paper Crafts). The ribbon and the sentiment finish off the design.

I hope I've inspired you to go craft a card of your own. However, if you still need more eye candy to tickle your fancy, then you will DEFINITELY want to head over to the TOF blog and see what my teammates have to share.

Challenges entered:
A Gem of a Challenge - Summertime
Crazy 4 Challenges - Summertime Inspired
A&T Emerald Faeries - Dies or Punches
A Lotta Rubber Stamps - Summer Feeling
Shining the Light Challenge - Prayer, Scripture, Uplifting Verse
The Squirrel & The Fox  - Summer or Winter - Summer



7 comments:

  1. Hi Jenee! Your little Lulu card is adorable and gorgeous! I love how you've coloured her and placed her with those papers and dies. It's fabulously beautiful! It's wonderful to see the freebie inspiration used too. Thank you for mentioning them in your write-up. It's a pleasure to sponsor for you. Love what you've made! xx Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet - prefect image perfectly colored with perfect paper choices and perfect die cuts - You're amazing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning Jenee! I can just sense the wonderful peaceful day she must be enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Jenee!! Love the colors and the coloring of that adorable little Lulu!!Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!! Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and pretty card, and such a lovely sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card, I love the cute image and fabulous sentiment
    Thank you for taking part in A Gem of A Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Perfect summer feeling! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Alota Rubberstamps!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete