Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tuesday Morning Sketch #201

Hello! Tis me again! This time I'm sharing our Tuesday Morning Sketch with you. We have another great sketch (well, aren't they all?) to tickle your Mojo. I just know you are going to enjoy using it over and over, so without further procrastination, here it is:


Just imagine all of the possible combinations of papers and images that you can use for this. Even your embellishments at the bottom can be a variety of things (not just flowers). For my card, I've chosen to use an adorable Wryn from Tiddly Inks. (Can you tell from my last several cards that I am SO happy that spring/summer has come to Georgia? I was so tired of the cold. Of course, by August, I'll probably be bemoaning the heat - LOL.)

Anyway, I had fun coloring Miss Wryn with my Copic markers because I tried a new hair combination. I have to confess that I'm partial to red-heads (real or fake), so I really liked this new combo. The deep, rich, auburn color is so opposite from the blondish-red that I use often. I cut the image using the Spellbinder Label  Ten die (same as my previous card) and matted it with black card. The DP I used is from the "Fine and Dandy Girl" 6" x 6" pad by My Mind's Eye (I think I must have hit a great sale on this brand some time last year because I have a LOT of those pads). I've used black card to mat all my papers. I used a LifeStyle Crafts die to cut my fish-tail side pieces and then hand cut the matting. My little flowers are a combination. The middle one is by Recollections from Michael's Crafts, and the two side blossoms are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I used an orange Copic marker on the two smaller flowers to give them a little color as they were plain white. 

There you have it! Please take the time to stop over at the Tuesday Morning blog and have a look at the wonderful cards the DT has made. Each one is lovely and a joy to behold. Then, get into your craft area and make something!

Happy crafting.

Challenges entered:
Lia Stampz - Add Flowers
One Crazy Stamper - Summer Fun
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Created With Love - Anything Goes
Kaboodle Doodles - For the Kids
Squigglefly - Summer
Stamp and Create - Summer Fun
The Squirrel & The Fox  - Summer or Winter - Summer

20 comments:

  1. So super cute!!! Love the papers!!! :) :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and beautifully colored card.

    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! What a sweet card! I love how you made those tabs into flags - your AMAZING colouring - and that paper. Oh, I love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute! I like it a lot - colors and coloring - perfect! :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable, and I'm curious as to the combo you used for the hair. I have a hard time finding the right combo for red hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully versatile sketch, and I just love the little side flags you made! The black layers really set the other papers off! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Your coloring is amazing. Love your take on the sketch. Love the coloring. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Create With Love Challenges.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenee, you're right - it's a great sketch and your take on it is wonderful! Love the new color combo on her hair...and the fact that you colored the flowers - I would have never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow super cute card love the sketch and your coloring is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Created with love challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenee, you have such wonderful taste in colour! Totally delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card, Jenee! Super fun sketch, and fabulous coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at Lia Stampz!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you colored Wryn and her hair. She's beautiful and I love the papers you chose too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Wryn is so beautifully coloured! Adorable card and thanks for sharing.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful coloring! Her hair is amazing! Great card and such vivid colors and details. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute card-thanks for joining us at Squigglefly!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute!! Fun DP and I love the polka dot flower and how you edged the others!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How adorable! LOVE the DP's and the image...just precious! This qualifies for our first Summertime challenge over at my A.R.T. Challenge blog, hope to seeya there! http://arandomthursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/2013/06/welcome-first-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jealous...cause this is so awesomely colored..i love the depth of the shadow and the perfect hair!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous card! Wryn is just adorable, isn't she? I LOVE her red hair!! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete